Provide HE managers with knowledge & tools to manage performance.
Cardiff Metropolitan and University of East Anglia.
Our Managing Performance Elearning Course, developed with Cardiff Metropolitan University and the University of East Anglia. Effectively manage performance.
We’ve built this Managing Performance Elearning Course working closely with two universities to create a management tool for all higher education (HE) institutions. The course has five sections:
- Key Concepts
- The PM Cycle
- Responsibilities & Skills
- Improving Performance
Learners completing this course will be able to:
- Explain the importance of Performance Management (PM) within an HE setting
- Relate the PM process to managerial activities and organisational HR policies
- Apply practical frameworks to effectively conduct the PM process
- Set SMART objectives, monitor and review performance and identify appropriate development needs
- Manage under-performance and negative behaviour in a positive manner
- Develop a Personal Development Action Plan to apply learning and improve skills
Course duration: This Managing Performance Elearning Course takes about 30 minutes to complete. Learners have the option to bookmark progress and complete the course in chunks.
Every Marshall e-learning course is fully accessible, so this course is also available as:
- spoken word audio – perfect for learning on the move
- a voice reader compatible version as a W3C AA online workbook
- a complimentary workbook – a printer-friendly pdf download compatible with all devices and readers
Continuous Professional Development
This is CPD Certified Elearning Course and counts as 30 minutes towards learners annual CPD total.
By purchasing this Managing Performance Elearning Course, you’ll get all the updates as they occur, so you’ll always be up-to-date with current legislation.
Learning by design
This interactive Managing Performance Elearning Course has rich graphics and audio-visual content and a blend of question-types to encourage learners to apply concepts to their daily work routine.
An end-of-course test assesses learners on the level of knowledge they’ve retained. Pass rates can be set as required.
Easy to implement & customise
This Managing Performance Elearning Course comes with Marshall LMS (Learning Management System), which allows you to manage your elearning and track completed training.
Our in-house developers can quickly & effectively adapt this course to your sector and organisation. You could also add your own graphics, photos & video and amend content to include your policies, procedures, and key areas.
If you would like to find out more about our Managing Performance Elearning Course please get in touch.
This course is split into 5 parts:
The PM Cycle
Responsibilities & Skills
What You Say
"At UEA, we believe that performance management and staff development - personal and professional - are inextricably linked. When defining individual or team goals, a manager must also consider if the individuals have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to achieve the objectives she has set them. Our staff appraisal system acknowledges the interdependence of these two areas and we aim to train our managers to consider, and balance, both the development needs of their team members as well as the required operational output. In doing so, we promote a coaching mindset in UEA managers where managing performance through developing people is key. "Amanda Giles, Head of CSED, University of East Anglia
Off the shelf