Why it matters
Inclusive, Safe, Cohesive Campuses
Free from extremism and radicalisation.
Supporting your organisation to carry out their safeguarding work.
Our Inclusive Elearning Course provides an excellent introduction or refresher for dealing with extremism and radicalisation in education.
The importance of Prevent training in education cannot be overestimated – for organisations, students and employees. Our Inclusive Elearning Course will support and provide evidence of implementation of the Prevent Duty in the prevention of extremism and radicalisation by focusing on the safeguarding of students, helping to identify any areas for improvement.
The Inclusive Elearning Course will also enable your organisation to more effectively recognise, manage and implement practical responses to support your safeguarding work and provide evidence for successes in preventing extremism and radicalisation, highlighting areas requiring improvement.
This elearning course was written in collaboration with innovative legal firm, Shakespeare Martineau
After completing this course learners will understand:
- The importance of embedding concerns about radicalisation into safeguarding policies
- Why it is necessary to support good campus/college relations between diverse communities with potentially conflicting worldviews
- An overview of challenges from extremism in UK HE/FE sector
- How radicalisation and potential conflicts between different groups on campus or in colleges can be seen from a safeguarding perspective
- The PREVENT agenda in the context of; its definition and focus, legal responsibilities (institutional and individual), practical implications and requirements for sensitivity and cultural empathy
- How to engage with the PREVENT agenda in a wider safeguarding context.
In addition, this course could help to introduce new perspectives to your existing and new work in areas connected with safeguarding, extremism and radicalisation
Course duration: this course will take about 60 minutes to complete. Learners have the option to bookmark progress and complete the course in chunks.
Continuous Professional Development
This is CPD Certified Elearning Course and counts as 60 minutes towards learners annual CPD total.
If you buy this Inclusive Elearning Course or any of our related elearning courses you’ll get all the updates we make, so you’ll always be up-to-date with the latest legislation.
Learning by design
All our Inclusive Elearning Courses are highly interactive with rich graphics and audio-visual content, blending a variety of question-types and gamification to encourage learners to apply the learning in their daily lives.
Easy to implement & customise
All our Inclusive Elearning Course come with Marshall LMS (Learning Management System) providing your organisation with the ability to manage all your elearning and track completed training in one place.
Every Marshall elearning course is fully accessible, so this course is also available as:
- spoken word audio – perfect for learning on the move
- a voice reader compatible version as a W3C AA online workbook
- a complimentary workbook – a printer-friendly pdf download compatible with all devices and readers.
If you would like to find out more about our Inclusive, Safe and Cohesive Campuses Elearning Course please contact us and we’ll be in touch very soon.
This course is split into 4 parts:
Safeguarding and extremism
Questionnaire to test learning
What You Say
"Prevent-awareness training is indispensable in enabling universities to discharge their duty under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 (the Prevent duty). The statutory guidance for HEIs creates an expectation that staff will undergo appropriate training.
Discharging the Prevent duty is the responsibility of all staff. This training helps staff to do so in a way that promotes the college community as a safe and diverse place in which to learn. "
Off the shelf
Inclusive, Safe, Cohesive Campuses