An introduction to the Bribery Act 2010
In this less-than-80 seconds video we ask the question: ‘Do you understand your obligations under the Bribery Act 2010?’ The Bribery Act, which become law in 2011 is now one of the strictest laws internationally on bribery and in 2016 the first company was convicted and sentenced under Section 7 of the Act.
The video cites a recent survey by Deloitte in which:
- only 1 in 10 UK companies had real worries about breaking the law + being penalised
- one third didn’t know how the law impacted on them
- 60% weren’t bothered about bribery
They said things like: “our whistle blowing hotline works”, “employers certify their own compliance” and “we’ll decide to handle things when they happen”. But the law requires strong processes; hotlines are rarely used to report misconduct; self-certification isn’t legally sufficient; fines can run into millions of pounds and reputations can be ruined and jail sentences are a real possibility.
As the consequences are serious it pays to understand the law and our Bribery Act 2010 e-learning course will provide learners with:
- an understanding of bribery law – what is and isn’t covered
- easy-to-follow guidance on how organisations can stay within the boundaries of the law
- an explanation of key concepts including active bribery, passive bribery and facilitation payments.
The content is heavy on real-life scenarios showing how the law applies in different situations, and light on statutory duty, making it accessible to a wide spectrum of learners.
Discover the benefits
After watching this video you would like to find out how our Bribery Act course could support your organisation, please get in touch.