Why information security matters
Information Security Training
Enables learners to explain why this is such an important area.
Learn how to reduce risk and act responsibly at work.
This 20-minute resource on Information Security Elearning Course will explain the risks around information security and how to act responsibly at work.
When learners complete this Information Security Elearning Course they will understand:
- Why information security matters – to avoid the cost of breaches, to protect information assets, to avoid damage to reputation, and it ensures your organisation complies with the law
- How organisations and individuals can manage risk and external threats to Information Security from hackers and fraudsters – this includes phishing, fraud, managing risks with devices, software, emails, the web at home and at work. and passwords.
- How organisations and individuals can behave responsibly when using social media, their own devices or Intellectual Property (IP) to mitigate against threats to Information Security.
Information security matters
- In 2015, whenever big businesses suffered severe online Information Security breaches (due to external attack or internal actions) the average cost was £1.5 million.
- In 2015, 74% of SMEs reported Information Security breaches – and 90% of large businesses said the same.
We built this course starting with a contemporary definition of Information Security: It helps to protect information, both electronic and paper-based. from unauthorised access, amendment, misuse, theft and disaster, and it ensures that information systems work as intended.
In todays workplace its not just about stopping hackers stealing data. Its about using digital resources, such as social media, across the board – to protect the organisation and individuals.
If you get this Information Security Elearning Course you also receive any updates we make to the content, so youll always have the latest version.
Learning by design
This highly interactive course blends rich graphics and audio-visual content with a variety of question-types encouraging learners to take practical steps towards gaining an apprenticeship. An optional end-of-course test assesses learners on the level of knowledge theyve retained. Pass rates can be set as required.
Easy to implement & customise
This Information Security Elearning Course comes with Marshall LMS (Learning Management System) which could support other elearning across your organisation and track completed training.
Our in-house developers can quickly & effectively adapt this course to your sector and organisation, giving you the option to add your own graphics, photos & video, and amend content to include your policies, procedures and key areas.
If you would like to demo this Information Security Elearning Course or find out more please get in touch by calling +44 (0)845 123 3909 or get in touch using our contact for
This course is split into 3 parts:
Managing risk and external threats to Information Security from hackers and fraudsters
Behaving responsibly when using social media, devices or Intellectual Property (IP) to mitigate against threats to Information Security.
What You Say
"With products such as GDPR or Health and Safety the material must cover all key areas and topics, and it is vital that the language used, case studies discussed, and examples fit the university context. Marshall E-Learning understand all of this, which makes their programmes so attractive."Durham University
Off the shelf
Information Security Training