Students Elearning Risk
22nd July 2014
Providing students with the tools to support their peers
This course has been designed for students and their peers to identify students at risk and understand the risk of self harm, addictions, stress-related illness, obsessive behaviour, anxiety and eating disorders. It includes a checklist to enable the friends of people with these conditions to identity early warning symptoms.
The course has been written and developed by Kognito, subject matter experts in this field.
Who will benefit from the course?
This e-learning course will help to raise students’ awareness about risky behaviour amongst their peers in a higher education or further education setting.
- The key issues relating to at risk students
- Examples of how friends can broach the subject of irrational behaviour indicating potential mental health issues
- How friends can engage with a suspected at risk student in a positive and effective dialogue
- How to remain non-challenging and non-judgemental when discussing potentially sensitive issues with an at risk friend.
- How university counselling centres operate, dispelling many myths surrounding counselling services.
- How??at risk’?students can be encouraged to engage with counselling centres, mental health units, or seek help from family or others offering support
Learners are supported throughout the course in a unique virtual role-playing environment.
Course duration: 30 minutes – learners can stop or start the course when they wish all information and progress is saved, and completed later on. A certificate of completion can also be provided.
If you buy this course or our other Kognito at risk elearning courses you’ll get all the updates we make, so you’ll always be up-to-date with the latest legislation.
Learning by design
The course uses interactive storytelling to explain these complex issues in a concise and informative manner. Colourful images, animation and voice acting helps to draw the learner into the course content, encouraging active participation and increasing the potential for knowledge retention.
Easy to implement
All our e-learning courses come with Marshall ACM’s Learning Management System so that you can manage all your elearning courses and track completed training.
For a free demonstration of this course or to find out more about our other elearning courses please contact us