GDPR in Education Training
16th March 2018
GDPR is the biggest change in Data Protection legislation for 20 years, coming into effect on 25 May 2018, and schools, colleges and universities need to be ready for the new regulations.
GDPR is the biggest change to data protection regulations in two decades and is a major challenge for many businesses. But the new EU data protection regulation has left many companies unclear about their obligations in order to become compliant with GDPR.
So what is GDPR and how can you make sure that your company is compliant?
Our GDPR training covers everything you need to know to get up to speed with how your organisation can remain compliant.
About GDPR Training
This 20-minute course will ensure your organisation is ready for the significant changes to data protection that GDPR brings.
Our online resource will highlight key areas of change and the actions required to ensure your organisation is ready for this new regulation.
Learners will gain a thorough understanding on all aspects of GDPR:
- Key questions – why is the EU introducing GDPR and what impact does this have on the UK?
- New principles? – the specific requirements under the new regulations
- Key changes – what is the scope of GDPR? Consent, design by privacy and the role of Data Protection Officers explained
- Potential penalties – failure to comply would result in penalties. Do you know the maximum fine?
- Enhanced rights – discover the enhanced rights of ‘data subjects’
- Breach notifications – organisations must report data breaches within specific timeframes to specific guidelines
- How to prepare – a useful checklist against the legal framework that all organisations must adopt in readiness for GDPR.
GDPR Training for Higher Education
Marshall have also created a special GDPR training course for higher education, in collaboration with Bath Spa, Exeter and our lawyers Shakespeare Martineau.
We have developed tailored higher education scenarios to make the training meaningful to staff in universities beyond the legal technicalities, including specific Higher Education scenarios.
If you buy any of our compliance e-learning courses you’ll receive any updates we make, and always be up-to-date with current legislation.
Quality checked by legal experts
This course was developed in consultation with leading law firm Shakespeare Martineau LLP.
Learning by design
All our e-learning courses are highly interactive with rich graphics and audio-visual content blending a variety of question-types to encourage learners to apply concepts to their daily work routine.
An (optional) end-of-course test assesses learners on the level of knowledge they’ve retained – pass rates can be set as required.
Easy to implement & customise
This e-learning course comes with Marshall E-Learning’s Learning Management System which allows you to manage all your e-learning and track completed training.
Our in-house developers can quickly & effectively adapt this course to your sector and organisation. You could also add your own graphics, photos & video and amend content to include your policies, procedures, and key areas.
Our new GDPR training will help to get your organisation GDPR-ready, whether you choose our off the shelf or our fully bespoke option. For a free demo, please contact us on 0845 123 3909 or contact us at email@example.com.